Tuesday, May 23, 2006

String Bean


 

I just wanted to share the newest picture of our “bean”.  After a fall down the stairs on Mother’s Day (at home alone, of course), I was immediately seen at the doctor’s office where they performed an unscheduled ultrasound to calm my fears that something may have happened to the baby after my fall.  My anxiety was calmed as soon as I saw our baby floating around in an invisible sea – and this time it had arms and legs, and even waved at its Momma through the screen.  The nurse said “Oh wow…look at those long legs already!  This baby is going to be tall”, to which I replied, “That would be pretty consistent to the fact that my husband and I are both practically giants!”  We had a nice laugh and I was able to breathe again.

 

I woke up this morning to my find my “bump” well on its way to forming, and all I could do was sit there and smile at myself.  I can’t remember a time in my life where I was so excited to have myself a little belly.  I have had the most spectacular pregnancy so far – no morning sickness, no nausea, my weight gain so far is minimal – and I’m loving every second of this adventure.  Even the 25 trips to the bathroom each day!  I’m so thrilled to be blessed enough to experience this, and I can’t wait to feel the baby move for the first time!

 

My husband continues to amaze me every day of this pregnancy.  I’m not allowed to do anything at home except put up my feet, and even then, he rubs them for me!  If I ATTEMPT to do the dishes, I get yelled at.  If I TRY to fold a load of laundry, I’m in trouble.  Thank God for this man because I am exhausted and need my feet up as much as I can possibly stand after working a 40+ hour work week. 

 

Next Thursday (June 1) will be the day we hear the heartbeat!  I know I will cry tears of joy, and am misting up just thinking about it.  It’s so amazing to know that there is a HUMAN BEING growing inside me right now.  How cool is that??

1 comment:

Maria said...

Yay!! I am sooo happy for you Leah! It sounds like Patrick is well on his way to a Husband of the Year, or HOTY, award! You two are going to be the greatest parents ever!