Saturday, August 18, 2007

Time just seems to fly...

We are in our final hours of our trip to Detroit and it never ceases to amaze me how unbelievably sad I get when a visit is coming to a close. Spending all this time with my family has made me calmer, more together and relaxed. I am dreading heading back to California where there is no Mom or Sarah or Doug or Tanya to keep me laughing and decompressed. I am extremely excited to see Patrick, but my days will again be lonely when he's at school and it's just Brady to keep me entertained.

I tried desperately hard to see everyone I could while I was here, but time didn't allow for everyone. I got a text message from Lynn yesterday that said "If I were in Cali I would be trying to see you. The last few times you were in MI my feelings have been hurt." The funny thing is that I let her know in May that I was coming, I texted her before I left AND while I was here to tell her I was around, but it remains MY fault in her eyes that we didn't see each other. I am the person who has to see about 8 million people during my visits (the number has increased significantly since Brady is now in the picture) but it's one ME to ensure I see her when she could have just as easily called me to get together. I am not shifting the blame onto her, but honestly, I did my part and she did nothing.

I guess next time I will need a longer visit to fulfill my obligations and try to relax a bit.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Leah- I am one of those people that didn't see you while you were in Michigan. Part of me forgot you were going to be here, part of me has been way distracted because I just started a new job, I'm getting ready to start school, and Shaun just left for the Navy yesterday, so I've been trying to spend as much time with hime as possible since I won't see him for a while. But I have to say, it seems unfair for you to carry the burden of making all of the effort to see everyone when you come home. I know when we visit my mom's family in Wisconsin they practically plan the itinerary for us because they all want a chance to see us and know that they will have to share! True friendship always stands the tests of time and distance. I know that I could not talk to Kira or Nikki for years (although that would SUCK!) and call them out of the blue needing help with anything and they would both be there. You do the best you can, that's all you can do, don't let anyone make you feel bad about that!