Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Impatience

I have come to the realization that I am quite possibly the most impatient person on the face of the planet.  I can't get through sitting at a red light to turn left (stupidest thing here in Virginia) without huffing and puffing at least once.  I can't get through standing in the "express" checkout line (and I use that term very loosely) without shifting my weight and rolling my eyes within the first 3 minutes.  I have resorted to swearing and gritting my teeth every time I'm stuck behind someone slow on the interstate.
 
I don't know how this condition came about, or how long I've been this way, but no matter how hard I try I can't seem to fight it.  I think it began in New York where there was a two lane highway in and out of the Hamptons and the roads were cluttered with "citidiots" from May 1 - November 1 every year.  A normal hour drive to get to Wal-mart would span about two hours during those months.  Our favorite hometown delis and restaurants would be overpacked with rude city people who expected you to bow to them because of their vast wealth.  Working in Customer Service was enough to cause an ulcer (which it did) with the rude way people spoke to you. 
 
"Patience is a virtue" is how the old saying goes, but I think that virtue managed to pass me up.  Sometimes waiting is pure agony, other times its just an incovenience.  At this point in time it's agonizing to wait for anything. 
 
I wonder if there's a pill for this condition?  Seems as if there's a pill for everything these days...

No comments: