Monday, December 12, 2005

Shop till ya drop...

Reposted - Monday December 12, 2005


 
Today turned out to be the best day I've had in quite a while.  With the stresses of the last month, miscarriage and moving included, I've felt rundown, sad and tired.  All of these are to be expected; however, nothing seemed to get my spirits up and keep them there. 
 
This morning, I took and passed the 3rd module in the Accredited Customer Service Representative designation I've been working towards.  The best part was that I passed it with a 90%!  I swore I was going to bomb this test, but apparently my study skills have improved since college -- that and I know my job better than I thought I did.  Two more tests and I'm designated!  :)
 
Then, to top the day off, we won the Travelers Sales promotion and each of us got $200 in gift cards to spend at the mall -- and two hours off to do it!  Talk about shopping till you drop!  My kicks were on fire, but I got a lot done.  I picked up gifts for Mom, Cameron, Sandy, Grandpa and Dora, McKynzi, Doug and Patrick.  I am a sales fiend!  Most of those are gifts I wouldn't have been able to afford otherwise, considering the fact that we're "move poor" right now.  There is NOTHING like free money and Christmas shopping.  I'm so excited, I may give Patrick his gifts early!
 
To end the night, we get to go have dinner with Roger and Tasha, and we get to see their beautiful kids -- newest included!  I've desperately needed a day like this, and feel like things will be turning up now. 
 
The best part is that there's only a week until I'm home - and almost all my cousins, aunts and uncles will be there!

No comments: