Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Rejuvenation

This past weekend was our 6th wedding anniversary and to celebrate we spent the weekend at the Inn on Pamlico Sound in Cape Hatteras, NC.  The Inn was the most fantastic place for rest, relaxation, and rejuvenation for us.  We considered it to be our anniversary trip and Babymoon all in one.  (Babymoon is the new term for first time expecting parents to get away.  Clever, I know). 

 

The Inn was right on the water, and our room had a breathtaking view.  We spent the mornings out on the deck, sipping coffee in the hunter green rocking chairs.  It felt as if the world stood still and we were the only occupants.  We had breakfast on the decks outside, served by the Inn staff.  I can already tell that feasting on the homemade muffins and breakfast goodies will cause for an even larger bum, but I don’t care.  The staff and Innkeepers were more than hospitable and did everything in their power to ensure we had no worries while we were there.  At one point, Steve, the owner, walked by Patrick and me as we sat on the couch reading the paper and said, “You guys really need to do something about that stress level.  I’m starting to get worried about you!”

 

The weekend was the perfect way to spend our last few months together as only a couple.  My fantastic husband even ordered up a bottle of Sparkling Cider for us to share to celebrate, since I can’t partake in the consumption of the real stuff.  We spent the evenings in the oversized Jacuzzi tub, complete with candle light provided by Patrick, and lounged around during the day.  I could not think of a better way to spend a weekend with the man that I am completely head over heels in love with.

 

Life is back to reality, and our daily routines will now consist of washing baby clothes, setting up the crib, painting the nursery, and preparing our lives (and our house) for the arrival of this little one.  There is no one on this earth that I would rather be going through this with, and I can’t wait to see what the next lifetime has to offer us.

No comments: