Sunday, December 16, 2007

Life as it is...


I can't help but cheese from ear to ear when I look at this picture. I think it's impossible not to look at this face and think to myself "Life as it is, is totally perfect". I couldn't ask for anything more and I honestly cannont remember what my life was like before I got to look at that fantastically beautiful face every day.
Life as I know it has become completely colorful with this walking, talking little man in the house. Suddenly, after he mastered the art of walking, his vocabulary burst wide open. He can tell you he's "done", he can point and tell you when there's a "tuck" driving by, he loves to show you "flowflows" (flowers), he can't wait to eat "din-din", he can even say "puh-puh" (please) when you ask him to. Beyond that he can tell you what a dog, cow, birdie & duck say -- and he loves to walk around trying to find "DAD!". He can show you where "up" is and can turn lights "off" too. He is just a smart smart kid.
He is keeping me on my toes at every turn, too, constantly getting into something -- everything, that is. He wants to help cook dinner, loves brushing his teeth and will almost always be in the kitchen pulling out his tupperware. He also loves pushing the buttons on the TV, which he's being scolded for at every turn! Just last weekend, he picked up the telephone, put it backwards to his ear (number pad in his palm) and started talking jibberish to no one on the other end. I wondered if this was a good thing, considering his Mother loves to talk so much!
I consider myself to be the luckiest person alive to be his mom. I never want to be without him, I can't wait to walk in his room in the mornings and see him smile and say "HI!" to me. I am not one of those Moms who constantly needs "a break" from her kid because this kid is my LIFE. And life is better because he loves me.
I am just so blessed to have such a fantastic family to be with every day of my life. Life as it is, is perfect.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Most adorable picture ever. Seriously. Those blue eyes!! You are a lucky mom for sure, but he's a lucky son he has awesome parents!