Sunday, January 15, 2006

It's been a while since I've sat down to update this thing, so I'm taking the opportunity now while the house is empty and clean.

The last few months have been utterly exhausting. Between the car accident and the event that followed, the move, Christmas shopping, Christmas parties, home to Detroit for the Holidays, and work we've had no time to sit and relax. However, with the help of Jacob and Shane, we managed to plan a "Guys Weekend" for the boys back at the farm to surprise Patrick. He arrived Thursday night and will be home later today. I wanted to do something special for him since he took such good care of me during the miscarriage, and since his best friends are all in Michigan, this was the perfect way for him to relax.

I took some time to relax and pamper myself this weekend, too, so I wasn't completely alone. I went to dinner and a movie with Jenn and Jen on Friday (saw "Rumor Has It" - pretty cute). Yesterday I treated myself to a manicure and a new haircut, which turned out great (and I pray that I can recreate the same style today!), went shopping and found some GREAT deals on new clothes for myself. Last night I went with the Dawsons and their families for a bowling party for Ryan, and I picked up sushi on the way home to enjoy on the couch. Today I'm finishing the laundry and meeting Chris and Lindsay for football at McFaddens. So, see, I'm not completely lonely!

This past week was a big one for me at work. After 2 months of studying and passing various modules, I have become an Accredited Customer Service Representative. This designation took hours and hours of study time and gives me a title to boast about. Thankfully, I can take this with me when we move and it will help me incredibly when getting my next job.

That's pretty much it for now. Patrick will be home later and I'm sure he'll be exhausted since he and the boys did nothing but party this weekend, but it's all worth it just to see him smile.

No comments: