Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Obsessive

Have you ever become so obsessed with one certain thing in your life that you can't seem to get out from under it?  On top of being impatient I have discovered recently that when I find one certain thing to fixate on, I literally become obsessed with it until it is resolved. 
 
Take, for instance, my inability to cope with my toe nails being uneven.  Seriously.  If I see or feel that one side of my toe nail is higher or lower than the other I will pick at it until I have either a) given myself an ingrown toenail or b) end up cutting too much of the nail off and then have to cut the rest of my nails because they won't look right.  See...this is obsessive behavior.
 
This type of fault runs in my family, too.  For example, my sister used to sit on the sink for hours in front of the mirror so that she could pluck her eyebrows.  The girl didn't just do it once in a while, she did this every day.  She was so obsessed that she ended up with the thinnest line of eyebrow you had ever seen.  See again...obsessive behavior. 
 
It's apparent that in life we must learn to let things go that are not of importance, but sometimes it's hard to not obsess over the things that seem most important to you.  Like the thought of the weekend coming.  ;) 

No comments: