Monday, March 13, 2006

Warm Breezes

The past 5 days have given us a glimpse into summer complete with sunshine, 85 degree temps, and warm breezes from the south.  I can honestly say that I would not trade living down here for anything right now, and although the temps will drop 20 degrees tomorrow, the 5 days of paradise was well worth it.  I was able to drive around town with my windows down, with my flip flops on, as the wind blew tangles in my hair.  My radio blasted 90's music and I sang "The Humpty Dance" at the top of my lungs while sitting at a stop light.  Sometimes it seems as if life cannot get better. 
 
On Friday we went out to dinner at Cheeseburger in Paradise to celebrate Shannon's 28th birfday.  The weather was so nice that they had the garage style doors opened and there was seating on the patio for the first time in months.  The frozen drinks helped to keep me in the "tropical" atmosphere, that is, until my burger came out bleeding all over my bun.  That ruined my appetite and set my stomach up for disaster for the rest of the evening. 
 
Saturday we went to the gym, ran errands, walked the dog, took naps and then went to a BBQ at Marshall and Natalie's.  It was a lot of fun, as usual, and there were more people to meet this time.  Sunday was church and Youth Group by myself since Patrick had duty.
 
Tonight we'll be headed to have Mexican at El Mariachi's so we can sip margaritas on the patio and feast Mexican style while we wait for the temperature to fall back to normal.  What a nice time we had living it up Summer style in the middle of March.

No comments: