Friday, October 21, 2005

Dream House!

The listing popped up on our email Wednesday night and we barely thought twice about it. Both of us figured we were never going to find anything after striking out time after time. After being stood up (and lied to) for seeing a rental, we called our realtor to see if we could at least see the place even if we ended up not liking it.

As we pulled up to the townhouse, there were already 2 people waiting to look at the place ahead of us. Catherine, our realtor, came along and we waited patiently for our turn. As we stood there in the parking lot another gentleman pulled up and joined us in line. He was in the Air Force and was only looking for an investment property to rent out. He asked if we wanted the same from the home and we said "No, this is our first time buying a home." I felt a wave of nausea come over me when Catherine said this home already had two contracts on it.

Finally, our turn came to go in and I put my guard up just knowing I wouldn't like it. I immediately found out I was wrong. This was the home of our dreams. Catherdal ceilings in the great room, a fireplace with a cubby for the TV above it. Big picture windows, clean white walls. The dining room was the perfect size and it was next to an enormous kitchen with lots of counter space, even more cupboards and a pantry to boot. 1400 square feet of pure luxury.

The guest bedroom was in the back of the house and was bigger than our room here. A door to the backyard was in this room and we stepped out onto a huge deck - complete with hot tub. The yard was grass and MUCH larger than any of the other yards we'd seen, and it was the perfect place for Cody to run around. At this point I'm practically crying because I know in my heart that this is where I want to live.

We ventured upstairs where an open space loft greeted us before entering the master bedroom. It was the perfect place to set up an office and not have to use one of the bedrooms to do so. Patrick almost didn't let me in the master bedroom because he KNEW I'd start crying then. The room was spacious with two closets, a double sink vanity and the shower and toilet off on their own. There was even a linen closet, which we do not even have here. I could live in that bedroom and never emerge. Guests would have to come and visit me in my suite. It felt like I was in a dream.

We left there knowing that this was what we wanted, and offered $5K over the asking price -- which you have to do here if you want anything. Catherine enclosed a letter with our offer about how badly we wanted this home to be ours and tugged at their heartstrings by offering that we were a military family (the owners were too). We were the 5th contract at 8:00 last night and it seems as if we have pretty good shot, so this is where the prayers kick in. We know that God has a hand in this and everything happens according to His plan. If it was meant to be, it will happen. If not, we're okay with that.

I tossed and turned and barely slept a wink last night. I can hardly even shove breakfast down my throat because I'm nauseous just thinking about it. We should know something today, so until then I'll be the wreck sitting at her desk.

Praying hard...

1 comment:

Maria said...

Good luck Leah! I've got my fingers crossed for you guys!