Friday, September 02, 2005

Devastation

In all my years of living on this earth I never thought I would see a worse tragedy than September 11, 2001 on our own soil. This last week has proved that theory wrong.

My emotions are running high and my sadness for this situation has weakened my faith in the human race. The men and women trying to control an out of control situation are the only ones I do put my faith in right now. God bless the Coast Guard, the National Guard, the medical workers, and the other branches of our military who are fighting to help our own citizens...including Patrick, who will be there when his school is over.

Heaven help those who turn to violence and destruction in a time despair and need, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Hurricane Katrina - August 29, 2005

No comments: