Monday, September 19, 2005

Here we are - another Monday. Why is it that when Patrick is home, the weekends fly by so fast, but when he's away they drag on forever? I tried to keep myself busy this weekend and managed to succed, but time still dragged on.

Friday I spent the evening at home with the dog. We rented movies and curled up on the couch all night. Saturday, Vanessa invited Cody and me to a football game. Despite the 100+ degree weather, it was fun to be out. Cody loved the kids and thought they were all put on this earth to pet and love him. Saturday night, Jenn and I had a "Our Men Are Gone" girls date. Had Italian at Carrabba's and saw "Just Like Heaven". Sunday was church and Jason & Angela invited Cody and myself over for dinner -- which turned out to be a PRE-Thanksgiving dinner. Turkey, stuffing, mashed taters...the works! It was great!

Patrick reports that he's not doing much down in the Gulf Coast, which is disappointing because I know how much he wanted to get down there and help; however, they are using him sparingly, which creates a lot of free time for him. My thoughts are if he's got nothing to do down there, send him home -- which he agrees with. It really is pointless for him to be there when all he's doing is working 6 hours a day, seeing maybe 2 patients during that time, and the rest of his day is spent reading his book. No one prepared him for this time spent down there, and we're both starting to get aggitated.

I walked into a wall of heat this afternoon when I got home from work. The air conditioner broke and was blowing hot air into the apartment. Since they close the office about the same time I get home, I couldn't get maintenance up here to fix it. So, Cody and I will be forced to sleep on top of the covers and we'll have to listen to the sounds of the crickets -- which just about kills me.

No comments: