Friday, September 16, 2005

Patrick left yesterday morning out of Richmond to get to Mobile, Alabama. As anticipated, it was very last minute; however, we never thought they would send him out while we were on a Hurricane Watch. We escaped the wratch of Ophelia, thankfully, so it wasn't as traumatic as I thought.

Patrick arrived safely in Mobile with basically no direction on what was going on. They told him he'd find everything out when he got there, but the only thing he knew as of last night was where he'd be staying. He finds out early this morning whether they are moving him or James to a Port Security Unit in Gulfport. So, one of them is going and the other is staying in Mobile. The orders drawn up are for 30 days, and while we were told that it could be shorter than that, we are *not* counting on it.

It must've been announced at work as to why I wasn't there yesterday morning because everyone came over to ask how I was doing. Then some made comments like "Well, you all needed a break from each other anyway, right?". Um, no. See, besides the fact that he just got back from being in California, I actually *like* being with my husband. Shocker, I know, but I married him because I wanted to spend my life with him - not be away from him. We've spent half of this marriage apart and suffice it to say, I don't enjoy him being gone in the least.

In other "news", last night I proudly sat in the chair at the nail salon and had my acrylic nails removed -- and for the first time in 8 years, my nails were NEKKID! It hurt like a mother effer, but I am glad to have had it done.

This weekend, I'll be hitting up the mall for some retail therapy, and having a girls night with Jenn and some friends. Gotta keep busy on the weekends so time flies by.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your experience. I think you should go for the better richmond nail salon, which offers more benefits. Try Google search for the salons.