Monday, September 05, 2005

Long weekend...

I finally forced myself away from the Katrina coverage and treated myself to trashy TV all weekend. I feel a little more human after watching "Dirty Dancing" and some MTV trash reality shows. Mindnumbing TV can have a positive effect when you're caught in a rut and don't want to think, or cry, anymore.

I dropped Patrick off at the airport a few hours ago and will be counting the days until I go back to get him. 5 to be exact. I said to him over and over again that this tour is going to ruin me because having him home every night is *not* what our life will be like for the rest of our career. I was proud that I didn't cry as he walked away, but I'm still lonely already. Thank God for the housework and gossip magazines that will occupy my time; however, Saturday can't get here soon enough.

Mom tells me that something is wrong with Sarah and she won't tell her what it is. She thinks that there may be a problem with Dorian again, but Sarah won't open up. I've tried to call her again today, but she didn't answer. I hope she'll talk to me about whatever it is that's going on with her. I worry about her all the time and hate that she's not more open with me, like we used to be. Hopefully, everything is alright.

The rest of my 3 day weekend (all 9 hours of it) will be spent cleaning and doing some much needed projects around here. The windows are open in the apartment to let the much needed nice breezes in. I can't wait for fall. :)

No comments: