Thursday, August 25, 2005

Blast from the past...

While in the middle of my morning routine on Tuesday, Mom called me to inform me that she had received a message for me on her machine the night before. I wondered to myself who in the heck would be calling my Mom for me, seeing as how it's been 5 years since I lived there. She says "It was Korynne, and she'd like to get in touch with you." Talk about a blast from the past. I hadn't heard that name in about 7 or 8 years.

I finally had the opportunity to call her last night and we had a brief, yet informative conversation. Turns out we both work in Insurance; however, she has her Life & Health and is going for her P&C, and I have my P&C. While she doesn't keep in touch with anyone from high school, she is still friends with Geneise. I told her the only people I've kept in decent contact from school were Brian and Maria at this point. She brought up Cindy and said she had spoken to her a few years back, but lost touch just as quickly as they got together. I told her I had spoken with her about 6 years ago, but the same happened to me.

It was nice to catch up with her, and she sounded happy. She was surprised to hear that I was married, and asked the inevetiable "So, do you have any kids?". She was busy helping friends, so she said she would call back another time.

Today, we have a meeting with the claims supervisor at Travelers and then they're taking us out to lunch. I *love* being the person Marketing Reps try to cater to, I end up getting a ton of free stuff from them. :) Makes work worthwhile. Tomorrow we leave for Baltimore and it will be a much needed break from reality. Can't wait to get there and relax with my favorite man.

Me and my favorite little girl on Sunday:

No comments: