Thursday, August 18, 2005

So, yesterday I had just about the best day in a long while. Actually, it was the biggest day of my professional career, to be exact. I had been working on a Collector Auto policy for a guy who has mega-money and some *pretty* nice cars to insure. (The words "pretty nice" are an understatement...perhaps the understatement of the year). He called yesterday to tell me that he would be taking the proposal I'd worked up for him, and thanked me for all of my hard work and excellent efforts to get this done for him. The premium for this policy is $10,000...the biggest sale that Personal Lines has had in a very long time! WOO HOO! Too bad we're on the Growth Bonus Pool now because I would have gotten a spectactular commission check for this one!

On Monday, we went to Captain George's with Ryan, Shannon and McKynzi and much to our dismay, because of our diets our stomachs shrunk and we were unable to stuff ourselves with crablegs like before. This doesn't mean to say that we didn't end up sick because of all the food we did eat...it just wasn't up to our usual par. A good time was had by all, and I just *adore* that little girl. She was so big sitting there in her high chair, she swore for a few minutes that she was an adult like the rest of us.

Our exciting life takes us to the grocery store tonight, and it's a good thing since we're in need of food in this place. This weekend will be spent at Water Country and possibly by the pool since Patrick has duty on Sunday. The weather has finally started to cool off, which is a major relief. I can't wait for fall around here.

No comments: