Friday, August 19, 2005

ESP - or something...

Is it possible that after being together so long, you and your significant other can actually read each others minds?

The other night we were sitting on the couch after I had the best day and Patrick had the worst. We had just finished eating BBQ'd chicken, and the only way I could think to celebrate/make a bad day good was going to Cold Stone for some ice cream. Just as that thought crossed my mind, Patrick says "You wanna go to Cold Stone to celebrate?". Coincidence? Maybe.

Yesterday, Jacob FINALLY sends me pictures from their wedding. I forward them along to Diddy (Patrick PDiddy, not Sean "PuffDaddyPDiddyDiddy") so he could see. When I get home from work I asked if he had seen them, he looked shyly up at me and said "Yes, and there's something I have to tell you. I've already seen them before." I immediately get all defensive and say "I can't believe you kept those from me". He says "There's a reason. I've been working on a scrapbook for you for our anniversary". Wh-wh-what? I move from defensive mode to instant laughter because I have been working on a scrapbook for him, too. Seems as though he had the same idea at around the same time I did, and he was getting all the pictures from our friends and relatives. I showed him the receipt of the scrapbook kit I bought and told him how I spent hours going through our pictures, picking them out and putting them in sequencial order.

We got quite a laugh out of the situation, and it made us think that "somehow" we were able to read each others minds after 5 years (next Friday) of marriage. Maria recently wrote about people being psychic, and from recent events (hers and mine) I gotta believe it's somehow true.

No comments: