Friday, July 08, 2005

How is it?

Have you ever woken up one morning and thought to yourself, "Gee, I'm just too good for my life! I'm going to drop my best friends, and end my marriage just because I CAN!"? Yeah...me neither.



My best friend of 8 years did just that. Happily married to a wondeful man who gave her the world, and she just decides that she no longer has "anything to give" him. She also decided that she didn't need her two best friends either, and after all that we've been through, she drops us like hot cakes.



This is us just 8 months ago. Tanya, the glowing Bride, Becky the Maid of Honor, and me the Bridesmaid. How is it that you can go from being someone's Maid of Honor to completely dropping them for no reason? How is it that the people who care about you the most in the world suddenly become insignificant to you?

This whole thing has me thrown for a loop. Some days I'm angry, hurt, pissed off. Others I just feel so sad that a great 8 year friendship is over with and I did nothing to deserve it. I didn't even have a say. I didn't even get the chance to try to help make it better for her.

Oh well...it's her choice...and her loss.

No comments: