Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Is it time to retire yet?

This getting up every morning thing is getting old. Yesterday was just a big ol' CF at work. It went as "well" as I thought it would, which is pretty bad. The good news is that the day went by faster than it has in 3 months, but that's no consolation when you're so swamped you can barely breathe. I have a big prospect coming in tomorrow, and I'm tempted to just call in sick cause I don't want to deal with it. I didn't take this job to sell, I took it to be an Account Manager. I feel like I got the whole "Bait and Switch" thing thrown at me. Now I'm 3 months into working and it all changes. My department makes things 8 times harder than they have to be, and now they're making us triplicate (is that a word?) our work, which to me is a waste of time.

After shopping at the commissary, we get home to make dinner and the phone rings. Oops, softball coach forgot to tell us we had a playoff game last night. We stuffed sandwhiches in our mouths and ran out the door. The game was fun, and it was close for a while, but that usual "something" came over us and we couldn't get it together. However, it was the most fun I've had playing softball in all my life. I didn't use to associate softball with fun, it was always work. If we can lose and have a good time, who cares? (Plus, I went 2 for 3 last night and got 2 on the "unstoppable" shortstop!).

I told Patrick we were going this weekend to buy a new digital camera. I'm dying without mine. I feel like the picture queen, cause I have about 7000 pictures on this computer from EVERYTHING...and for the last 4 months I have NOTHING. I'm just going to bite the bullet and pay for a new one. I also want more pictures of our time here because I'm thinking about making a scrapbook for Patrick for our 5 year anniversary. Well, the scrapbook would be for both of us, but would be my gift to him.

Another day, another dollar. Let's hope this one goes by quickly.

No comments: