Sunday, July 31, 2005

Playing house...

I think I may be alone in this thought, but I love a good rainy weekend every once in a while. We've been out and about so much every other weekend, and it's nice to have nothing to do but stay cuddled on the couch. It's also a nice break from the swealtering heat of the "South" as of late.

Despite a rocky end to our Friday night fun, we've had a nice weekend. Jillian's was fun, although it's been decided that it's definitely NO Gameworks. The new extern at the clinic came along and she was very nice. I offered to drag her shopping with me whenever she'd like, and she jumped at the chance. She's here and pretty much all alone for the next 9 weeks, and I can commiserate with being far away from everything and having no one to hang out with.

Yesterday was pretty lazy besides some errand running. We rented "Million Dollar Baby" and made Chicken Parmesan for dinner. I must say that I *love* playing house. I know that tecnically we aren't "playing house" since we're married and living together, but I know that this lifestyle won't last and the CG will seperate us again...so to me it's playing house for the time being. The weekends are satisfying just sitting here with Patrick, cleaning the house, cooking dinner, playing Scrabble. It's scary how life changes your priorities, and it's even scarier how much you take simple things for granted until you're faced with having to spend half of your time alone. Don't get me wrong, coming home to the dog was nice, but it's even better to have my sexy man to come home to every night.

No comments: