Saturday, July 23, 2005

Just rambling...

Since Patrick found out yesterday at 2 that he had duty today, I'm here trying to figure out my day. I think I may pamper myself after a long week of work and get a pedicure this morning. Okay, now I'm drooling.

We went out to dinner last night and then went to Patrick's softball game. While waiting there for his 8:30 game to start it began to thunderstorm. So, before his game even got going they called it. We decided to hit the movies since they were up the road, and we saw "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". What an AWESOME flick! I enjoyed the original but this one blew it away. Even Patrick, who considers the original his favorite movie, came away loving this one more.

While waiting for the game to be called last night, I was talking with Lyrch from Patrick's team (his self proclaimed nickname) about our upcoming anniversary. He said "Hey, good luck with the 5th year, it's rough." I asked him what he meant and he responded by saying in his psychology class they did a study of 4500 couples and asked what were the lows of their marriage. According to their survey/study, the lows in marriage are the 1st Anniversary, the 3rd, the 5th, the 7th, the 10th and the 15th. I found this statement to be very strange because we believe anniversaries are for celebrating, so why would they be the low points? I challenged him by saying the first two years were rough, but that was because of outside forces and not because we were unhappy. After our first anniversary (I'm talking two days) he left for 8 weeks for boot camp, where we couldn't even talk to each other. Less than a month after we left our friends and family my Dad died suddenly and we were left to try and deal with that. 6 months after that I was diagnosed with Endometriosis and put into MENOPAUSE for 6 months at 23 years old. However, that which does not kill us makes us stronger. I don't believe the bullshit that marriage isn't fun or it eventually kills a relationship. Our circumstances are different, but I *love* being married and wouldn't change what we've been through for anything in the world.

To close today, I need to scream for a second about telemarketers/bill collectors who STILL do not know that Crystal Roser doesn't have this phone number anymore. We've been here for 7 months and STILL the phone rings and it's for her. This morning was the worst...my day to sleep in and some idiot asshole calls at 8 AM! Followed by another at 9. Frank Roser's parole officer STILL doesn't get that he doesn't have this number. COME ON PEOPLE! Sheesh. Okay, I'm done.

No comments: