Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Remembering old times

The other night, I talked to Maria on IM for a little while. I don't think I've talked to her in almost 4 years. The last time I saw her was at Dad's funeral, but I'm not sure if I've gotten the chance to talk to her since then. It was great to catch up on each other's lives (even if it was brief).

After talking to her, I realized that I really haven't kept in contact with anyone from high school. I get to talk to Brian occasionally, but other than that I've lost touch with everyone. She still talks to and hangs out with most of her high school friends, so it made me wonder if I'm to blame for not keeping in contact. Heather and Kelly were guests at my wedding, but I have no idea where they're at right now or what they're doing. I don't know what Erik is up to. I knew Kashat was still at home a few years back, but have no idea now what's going on in her life. I guess I'm the bad friend since I'm the one who moved out of state and never tried to keep up. Shame on me.

In any case, it was wonderful to catch up with her. I remembered the "old days" when we played softball together, and we hung out all the time with our boyfriends (ugh) and we went to Joe Vision for the playoffs. I've read her blog and have seen her pictures and I can't believe how stunning she is. I mean - I CAN believe it...but you know someone for so many years and when they go from being a cute teenager to a drop dead gorgeous adult, it's very cool. I hope we can keep in better touch. :)

1 comment:

Maria said...

Oh Leah! Sweetie, you're makin me blush! You know it's funny, but I felt the same way. I linked you on my blog and I've been checkin yours regularly since the other night. My boy (Shaun) was like, "Who's Leah?" And I said, "A friend from high school, we played softball together, lifeguarded together...." Doesn't that seem like it was a very long time ago?

I was going through old pictures and I found some from softball. I found pictures from lifeguarding (remember that night at your house, all of us smoking cigarrettes and then Mark showed up the next morning?!), and I found pictures of me and Branden -- remember how cute he was?? But jeez, messed up. You know I saw him about 2 years after we broke up and I went to say, "Hi," and he just turned the other way and ignored me. Real mature!

I think we should try to do a better job of keeping in touch, OK? I have to work at it with my close friends from high school (and college), since they all live far away now. (Rhode Island, St. Louis, Chicago, Oregon, and Uzbekistahn to name a few places!) Thank God for email and free long distance on my cell phone.

I'm gonna keep checkin your blog, you keep checkin mine, and feel free to email me at maria_a_williams@hotmail.com whenever you want!!