Thursday, July 21, 2005

If it were fun, it wouldn't be called work...

I went into work yesterday only to find out that San had been called out of town because her mother is very ill and we aren't sure how long she'll be gone. I have prayed hard that she gets better but I'm not sure what will happen. I didn't think that things at work could get any worse, but they officially have. Yesterday we ran around like chickens with our heads cut off. Vanessa and I kept looking at each other and rolling our eyes. At one point, I got so flustered I swore I was going to walk out of the office and never come back.

I don't know why I keep doing this to myself. Why do I go to a job that I hate? Day in and day out all I do is complain about work. I LOVE the people I work with and thank the Lord that they're there cause I would have left immediately if they weren't. I am so burnt out right now that I can't even drag my sorry arse out of bed to go to the gym. I don't want to go back to school in the fall because all I want to do is come home and relax after work. The thought of adding more stress to my already stressful day makes me want to vomit.

On a brighter note, there are things in my life that I have nothing to complain about. I have a wonderful husband, a great marriage, a supportive family and fantastic friends. There's a roof over my head, food to go in my mouth, money to buy things we want/need. Life is pretty damn good and I need to watch how much I complain because it could all change in an instant.

No comments: