Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Today is the dreaded July 5.

Why is it dreaded, you ask? Because today at work is the switch over when we all take Marti's alphabet and she becomes a QM (Quality Manager) and we all stay AM (Account Manager). I am dragging my heels this morning, not wanting to go into work because I know how crazy the day will be. They keep saying that things will go smoothly, but I don't know how adding 500 clients to my already stacked accounts will go smoothly?? I keep thinking - "Ride it out, Leah...the end result will be okay", but I have no idea how this all will affect my job. Patrick is just as crazy at work, so we have decided to make sure to leave the BS at the job and focus on each other when we're home. Pretty good plan if you ask me. ;)

It is another hot and humid day here in VA. The weekend was perfect weather for laying by the pool, which we did on Saturday. I'm trying seriously hard to keep up this tan, but it's getting harder by the day. I wish I was lifeguarding again because BOY did I have a great tan then. I wonder if they still have Beechwoods pool closed?

Saturday, Patrick decided he wanted to jump off the Weight Watchers bandwagon and go to IHOP for breakfast. After breakfast we were leaving the restaurant and noticed the apartments we had found the night before on the internet. We decided to take a drive around the complex and see if we could get a walk through of a model. This place was AWESOME, lemme tell you. We'd get a fireplace (I've always wanted one) in the apartment, there's a hot tub in the complex that's open year round (Patrick was drooling over that one!), the pool is spectacular and the apartments are much bigger than this place. It's slighly more than this place, but we don't care because we'd get much more for our money there. The 1BR apartment had more storage than this place alone! Plus, they have a car washing station with a vacuum, that'll save over $20 a month alone since this place doesn't have that!

Tonight we're either going to Busch Gardens or Water Country to relax after work. Those season passes were the best idea ever. Gotta love Virginia!

No comments: